Short DescriptionSamsung is hiring Data Scientists who is responsible for managing the successful design, execution, and measurement of major data initiatives across all customer-facing channels. As a Data Scientist he/she should develop data analysis solutions based on descriptive analyses and predictive models.
- Discover and apply insights from massive data sets of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Collaborate with Line of Business teams and executive sponsors to develop novel, practical, and operationalized analytics that drive explicit business value at the customer level.
- Combine strengths in data management, analysis, applied statistics, and visualization capabilities.
- Develop data analysis solutions based on descriptive analyses and predictive models.
- Collaborate with marketing, service, development, and engineering teams to ensure that requirements for integration, security, data quality and cross functional usage are addressed.
- 7+ years experience in sales or marketing functions for consumer products, retail, tech, telecom, or financial industries.
- 5+ years experience developing analytic results that directly inform and/or enable quantifiable business action, either by providing insights or building analytic applications.
- 5+ years Statistical programming expertise: R required; Python & Spark preferred.
- 3+ years Big data mining expertise: Hive & Impala required; SQL preferred.
- Machine learning expertise: GLM Regression (linear, logit, multinational), kMeans/Hierarchical Clustering, Principle Component Analysis, & Decision Tree required; Neural Network, Panel Regression, Bayesian Regression, Times Series, & A Prior preferred.
- Data scale expertise: Regular use of data with high-volume (1TB+) & high-dimensional (500+ variables per schema) required; clear understanding of Hadoop framework with hands-on experience both querying and applying statistics on massive data sets.
- Education background: MS or PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Economics required, incremental MBA preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.