Short DescriptionPaypal is hiring for Data Analytics who analyze complex system behavior from multiple sources, performance, and application monitoring data. Deliver insights into signup & payment conversion and landing page performance by geography and product segment. Also perform highly analytical deep-dives to identify root cause and mitigation opportunities or specific actions to add value.
- Develop a deep understanding of PayPal Products.
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making.
- Discover new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development.
- Analyze complex system behavior from multiple sources, performance, and application monitoring data. Deliver insights into signup & payment conversion and landing page performance by geography and product segment.
- Analyze channel performance, design and execute experiments, research, financial models and other mechanisms to identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities.
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives.
- Perform highly analytical deep-dives to identify root cause and mitigation opportunities or specific actions to add value.
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, Marketing, Product, Engineering and senior executives.
- Graduating with either an undergrad or graduate technical/quantitative degree from a top-tier institution. Degrees in Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics are a big plus.
- Experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers.
- Significant experience with SQL or other software engineering languages (Python, C++, Java).
- Familiarity with web analytics (Google Analytics, Site Catalyst), statistical packages (SAS, R), and visualization tools (Qlikview, Tableau).
- Passionate about problem solving.
- Ability to translate business questions into structured analysis and data analytics into business insights.
- Strategic thinking and mental flexibility to be able to understand both the details of the problem, as well as, the big picture/business solution.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skill with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and highly results-oriented.
- Experience with experimentation and A/B testing is a big plus.
- Enjoys having fun and truly wants to make real impact in their work.