Short DescriptionWalmart is looking for outstanding Senior Data Science & Analytics professionals with skills in distributed computing system and experience with very large scale of data, and also able to work closely with the team of machine learning or data scientists.
- Building, maintaining and monitoring scalable data pipelines to support modeling and optimization products.
- Analyzing, identifying, and debugging data related issues to ensure quality and stability of models and applications.
- Working with machine learning/data scientists to build prototypes and perform experiments.
- Working with engineering team to productize new features and products.
- Performing ad hoc data related analysis.
- Masters or equivalent degree in a computational science or engineering with 4+ years of experience in machine learning/data engineer role.
- Familiarity with distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Hadoop/Spark) and relational data base (e.g., Oracle, MySQL), and knowledge of NoSQL database.
- Strong implementation experience with a programming language (e.g., Jave/C++/Scala) and a scripting language (e.g., Python/Perl/Ruby), and familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments.
- Strong hands-on skills in building scalable and reliable data pipelines for sourcing, cleaning and manipulating large volumes of data.
- Basic understanding of machine learning/statistics.
- Experience building and maintaining large scale data pipelines in online advertising, recommender system, ecommerce or relevant areas.
- Experience building and/or maintaining machine learning models and pipelines.
- Familiarity with job scheduler (e.g., Jenkins/Azkaban/Airflow).
- Experience with Elastic Search/Solr.
Senior Data Science & Analytics