Short DescriptionABB is looking for dedicated, self-motivated, highly skilled and experienced Big Data Architect who will responsible to drive the centralization effort for cloud database design, development and implementation of both historical data and time series data including the Data Access Layer.
- Responsibility for core architecture and implementation of Big Data technologies/tool standards used within the team.
- Drive the centralization effort for cloud database design, development and implementation of both historical data (transactional) and time series data (e.g. sensors) including the Data Access Layer.
- Review existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments.
- Provide data accessibility for KPI reporting and data analytics frameworks in collaboration with the team analysts for tools such as Tableau and Power B.
- Build and manage (REST) API connectivity from relevant data sources to business layer applications.
- Support in the implementation of advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms (prediction) in cloud/data warehouse.
- Establish and maintain close collaboration with the BU's IT team and the ABB Ability team and exchange advanced data management recommendations and best practices.
- BA/MS degree in Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent through work experience.
- 5+ years of experience building and managing enterprise database applications such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, SAP ERP.
- Proven experience with cloud based solutions such as MS Azure, Amazon Web Services or Hadoop and related services.
- Affinity for artificial intelligence technologies such as machine learning, predictive analytics or neural networks.
- Experience with CRM solutions (MS Dynamics, Salesforce).
- Agile software development and workflows (SCRUM).
- Good team player able to work in an international environment.
Big Data Architect