Short DescriptionPayPal is looking for Data Scientist who are results-driven, creative problem-solvers who collaborate with each other to take on a wide variety of challenges.
- GRDS's analytic data scientists leverage one of the world's largest data repositories to propel forward our efforts. With our unique methodology, our data scientists don't just mine data, they develop intimate knowledge and insights and couple them with the latest in machine learning technologies to tackle big questions facing our business. Our analytic data scientists are results-driven, creative problem-solvers who collaborate with each other to take on a wide variety of challenges:
- Which customers considered untouchable by traditional lenders deserve credit?
- How can we identify networks of fraudulent actors before they make a single transaction?
- Which customers may need to send funds securely and inexpensively to loved ones abroad?
- How can we stay ahead of professional criminal elements who probe and attempt to exploit our defenses?
- Which unknown new customers can we trust based on ties to existing customers?
- How can we leverage the latest in natural language processing to ensure that millions of monthly customer contacts are resolved automatically and satisfactorily for the customer?
- The answers to these questions can have significant impact on our 200 million customers and contribute significantly to PayPal's business performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or similar. Average 85 and above from top universities.
- 1-2 years of data-related work experience, preferably in Machine-Learning, Data Mining or Statistics.
- Code writing capability in any programming language (Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.).
- Hadoop experience (MapReduce, PIG, Hive, Spark) an advantage.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Team worker, responsible, delivery-oriented.