Short DescriptionThoughtWorks is hiring for Lead Data Engineer who has deep understanding of NoSQL technologies including column family, graph, document, and key-value data storage technologies. Also has deep understanding and application of modern data processing technology stacks. For example Spark, Hadoop ecosystem technologies and others.
- Hands-on Engineering Leadership.
- Proven track record of Innovation and expertise in Data Engineering.
- Tenure in coding, architecting and delivering complex projects.
- Deep understanding and application of modern data processing technology stacks. For example Spark, Hadoop ecosystem technologies, and others.
- Deep understanding of streaming data architectures and technologies for real-time and low-latency data processing.
- Deep understanding of NoSQL technologies including column family, graph, document, and key-value data storage technologies.
- Understanding of how to architect solutions for data science and analytics such as productionizing machine learning models and collaborating with data scientists.
- Understanding of agile development methods including: core values, guiding principles, and key agile practices.
- Understanding of the theory and application of Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Passion for software craftsmanship.
- A rich breadth of industry experience and background working across different organizations, ranging in size, from start-ups to large corporations.
- Strong stakeholder management and interaction experience at different levels.
- Travel is required. Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so ThoughtWorkers need to be flexible and up for extensive travel. Most of our consultants travel every week and fly home for weekends. We do our best to take people's personal situations into account, but we know it's not for everyone.
- Residing near one of our North America offices in Chicago, Dallas, New York, Atlanta or San Francisco is preferable although not necessary.
Lead Data Engineer