Short DescriptionWalmart is hiring for Senior Data Scientist who has experience in managing end-to-end machine learning pipeline from data exploration, feature engineering, model building, performance evaluation, and online testing with big data set.
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
- Hands on experience of machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP or related field.
- Experience managing end-to-end machine learning pipeline from data exploration, feature engineering, model building, performance evaluation, and online testing with big data set.
- Programming skills in one of the following languages: Java, Scala, C/C++.
- Experience with Scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting the results of product experiments.
- Statistical languages such as R.
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, or Spark).
- Ability to develop plans (experimental, analytic) for data modeling processes, creating baselines and accurately determine cause and effect.
- Published paper(s) to forums.
- Excellent communications, influential and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to data driven approach.
- Prior Retail and Supply chain experience.
- Worked with Operation users, Engineers and Product managers.
Senior Data Scientist