Short DescriptionMSCI is seeking for Data Scientist who will contribute to the development of new models, particularly with regards to (but not limited to) assessing climate risk, human capital, and innovation across thousands of securities.
- Contribute to the improvement and maintenance of existing methodologies used to assess a company's exposure to environmental, social, and governance risks included in the MSCI ESG Ratings model.
- Contribute to the development of new models, particularly with regards to (but not limited to) assessing climate risk, human capital, and innovation across thousands of securities.
- Conduct back-testing and scenario analysis of proposed methodology enhancements to understand implications on ESG Ratings
- Spearhead the development of scalable models derived from concepts and recommendations from the industry research analyst team.
- Excellent quantitative skills and prior experience in the development of quantitative models
- Strong analytical capabilities and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel or VBA is a must-have
- Experience with geospatial analysis including ArcGIS, QGIS, and development of scalable spatial models
- Ability to overcome data quality challenges with creative solutions, including familiarity with alternative, unstructured data
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate strong relations with a global team of industry research analysts
- Minimum four years of full-time professional experience in:
- Quantitative research within financial services OR
- Geospatial analysis with environmental engineering or climate application
- Minimum of Bachelors' degree required; Advanced degree in related field (Finance, Engineering, Business) or CFA is preferred
- Experience with ESG analysis is not a pre-requisite, but candidate should have a demonstrated interest in how ESG issues are integrated into investment decisions.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment and establish strong relationships across a global team.