Short DescriptionAmazon is looking for Machine Learning Scientist who will interact with business, product, and engineering teams to understand business requirements and operational processes. Also create, enhance, and maintain technical documentation, and present to other scientists, engineers and business leaders.
- Interact with business, product, and engineering teams to understand business requirements and operational processes.
- Frame business problems into scalable solutions.
- Process and analyze sales data; gather additional data sources that would improve model performance.
- Prototype models by using high-level modeling languages such as R or in software languages such as Python. A software team will be working with you to transform prototypes into production.
- Create and track accuracy and performance metrics (both technical and business metrics).
- Create, enhance, and maintain technical documentation, and present to other scientists, engineers and business leaders.
- Drive best practices on the team; mentor and guide junior members to achieve their career growth potential.
- Master or PhD in machine learning, applied mathematics or a related engineering field.
- 5+ years of hands on experience to build applied machine learning models.
- Fluency in a high-level data analysis and modeling language such as Python, R, Java and/or Scala.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to distill problem definitions and constraints from ambiguous requirements, and to deal with competing objectives and priorities
- Strong track record to design, prototype, experiment, and implement machine learning models (such as personalized recommendation models)
- Proficiency with SQL and first-hand experience in Redshift, Spark or other big data processing engine
- Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Working knowledge of business reporting and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Shiny, D3)
Machine Learning Scientist