Short DescriptioniRobot is hiring for Senior Software Manager- Machine Learning who will develop and maintain relationships with Product Owners and Chief Architects as well as other parts of the organization to meet/exceed customer requirements.
- Your team will blend analytics, data mining, machine learning, and software engineering to build algorithms that will result in massive improvements in our robots
- The ideal candidate will be an expert in the areas of data science, machine learning and statistics.
- Guide a group of talented developers applying machine learning to improve the capabilities of autonomous robots.
- Lead by example, inspiration and teamwork.
- Establish clear goals, objectives and priorities that communicate the organization's vision.
- Drive developer productivity through best in class software engineering practices.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Product Owners and Chief Architects as well as other parts of the organization to meet/exceed customer requirements.
- Recruit innovative developers focused on machine learning to build next generation software for robots.
- Mentor members of the machine learning team to increase internal subject matter expertise and professional capabilities
- Strong foundational background developing machine learning algorithms.
- Strong foundation in software development
- Hands-on experience leading multiple simultaneous product development initiatives with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, models and methodologies choices.
- Understanding of key concepts including: deep neural networks, reinforcement learning, linear algebra, optimization, SVMs, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to learn as well as teach others.
- M.S / PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Someone that enjoys math, especially matrix algebra.
- C/C++ applications for Linux or embedded systems
- Experience with real-time and multi-threaded systems.
- Experience training and deploying deep learning models and familiarity with recent architectures
Senior Software Manager- Machine Learning