Short DescriptioniRobot is looking for Robotics & Vision Intern who will manage enhancement of the current object recognition algorithm by the inclusion of alternative visual cues such as color or shape.
- Comparison and bench-marking of the state-of-the-art feature detectors and descriptors for object recognition.
- Enhancement of the current object recognition algorithm by the inclusion of alternative visual cues such as color or shape.
- Development of clustering techniques for efficient storage and retrieval of feature points.
- Evaluation and implementation of the state-of-the-art object class recognition algorithms.
- Evaluation of the latest classification algorithms based on convolutional neural network or deep networks.
- Implementation of algorithms on cloud-enabled platforms.
- Evaluation and implementation of the state-of-the-art RGBD recognition algorithms.
- Development of fusion algorithms for a variety of sensors (cameras, IMU, odometry)
- Development of robot navigation primitives for path planning, obstacle avoidance, and visual serving.
- Development of SLAM systems using information from a variety of sensors (cameras, RGBD, IMU, odometry).
- Prototype, interface, and integrate alternative sensors (e.g., inertial motion sensors, dead-reckoning sensors, RGBD cameras) into novel robot assemblies.
- 3rd or 4th year BS student or graduate student.
- Excellent mathematical background, with solid foundation in probability theory, systems theory, multivariate calculus, nonlinear optimization.
- Proficient in C/C++ and Matlab (or Python), with good documentation and code organization habits.
- Experience with pattern recognition and computer vision a definite plus.
- Experience with robotics and control systems a definite plus.
- Creative and independent thinker, willing to take on challenges and learn new fields.
- Work well in a fast-paced, small team environment.
Robotics & Vision Intern