Short DescriptionPapPal is looking for Director-Data Scientist who will develop deep business understanding, build strong partnership with customers, provide strategic leadership to enable great customer experience through innovation in data and data science.
- Lead a team of data scientists, technical product managers and analysts to own and deliver data and data science solutions to support business needs for Seller Risk Services. Form clear vision and lead the team towards the vision.
- Develop deep business understanding of the domain, build strong partnership with customers, provide strategic leadership to enable great customer experience through innovation in data and data science
- Manage roadmap. Provide guidance to teams when they develop, validate and deploy cutting-edge, industry leading data and AI solutions.
- Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner to senior leadership. Be able to influence partners and customers with technology leadership.
- Be a thought leader and contribute to next generation risk infrastructure and applicable AI technologies for the company.
- Advance degree (MS or PhD) in science or engineering field with 13+ years of relevant experience and 8+ years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in building a strong team.
- Strong problem solving skills, business acumen, and communication skills.
- Have a passion for working on big data and professional experience in data mining, statistical analysis, predictive modeling and data manipulation.
- Strong Unix background and programming experience in C/C++, or Java, and skills in scripting languages such as Perl or Python. Familiar with various Machine Learning algorithms and Statistical methods.
- SQL and Hadoop / Other Big Data skills preferred.
- Experience in fintech industry a strong plus.
Director, Data Scientist