Short DescriptionGracenote is seeking for the role of Big Data Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing an ingestion and processing platform for terabytes of video metadata using a variety of tools such as Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Cassandra, and Apache Ignite.
- Developing an ingestion and processing platform for terabytes of video metadata using a variety of tools such as Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Cassandra, and Apache Ignite.
- Figuring out ways to speed up our processing pipeline using in memory RDD databases like Apache Ignite.
- Brainstorming ideas to potentially store all the world's video, sports, and music data in an entertainment graph.
- Operating and scaling our infrastructure in AWS.
- 3+ years experience in Java or Scala development.
- 3+ years development with MapReduce, Apache Hadoop, and Apache Spark.
- Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data.
- Desire to continually work to improve as a software engineer and architect.
- Ability to work as a part of a team and self-motivated.
- BS in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent work experience, Master's preferred.
- Apache Ignite, Spark GraphX, Spark MLLib, Apache Storm.
- Familiar with data mining concepts, machine learning algorithms and basic statistics.
Big Data Software Engineer
At its core, Gracenote helps connect people with the digital entertainment they love. We do this by offering the largest database for music, sports, movies and TV shows, and creating best in class services and technologies, all on a highly scalable platform.
Gracenote was acquired by Nielsen in 2017 and now has 1,800 employees working in more than 25 locations around the world including Los Angeles, Queensbury, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam, Munich, Mumbai, Sydney, Seoul and Tokyo. Our worldwide headquarters are in Emeryville, Calif. For more information, visit www.gracenote.com.