Short DescriptionWalmart is hiring for Senior Data Scientist who will build, validate, and test predictive models using machine learning techniques to explain or predict behavior and solve a variety of business and engineering problems.
- Apply machine learning and optimization algorithms to maximize the efficiency of our business and minimize risks.
- Build, validate, and test predictive models using machine learning techniques to explain or predict behavior and solve a variety of business and engineering problems.
- Identify, collect, and explore the right data used for predictive modeling and algorithm development.
- Perform and lead developments using machine learning techniques in one or more of the key areas like natural language processing, image recognition, entity recognition, product classification, information retrieval, and recommender system.
- Extract and transform data from existing data stores, perform ad-hoc analyses, and report analysis results.
- Define and implement processes and procedures on analytical projects to ensure consistency.
- Assist managers with finding patterns and relationships in data.
- 3+ years of work and research experience in the machine learning field.
- A deep understanding of machine learning and interest in applying it at scale.
- Experience with data cleaning, preparation, and feature building and selection techniques.
- Experience working with large data sets to solve problems.
- Familiarity with relational databases and
- Experience with Spark and/or Hadoop would be very helpful.
- Experience with deep learning library like TensorFlow and/or PyTorch is highly desirable.
- Experience with GPU Computing is highly advantageous.
- Prior hands-on experience with Python, Java, R, C/C++, Scala or F# and the ability to write reusable and efficient code to automate analyses and data processes.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence, Operations Research, Mathematics or related fields.
Senior Data Scientist