Short DescriptionSamsung is hiring for Manager Data Scientist who will develop data analysis solutions based on descriptive analyses and predictive models and provide access to data through dashboards and other analytical tools to empower the marketing team and cross-functional partners through self-service.
- Collaborate with Line of Business teams to develop novel, practical, and operationalized analytics that drive explicit business value at the customer level
- Track overall market and business trends via external data sources in order to oversee the full product, channel and consumer life cycle strategy development and execution
- Discover and apply insights from massive data sets of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Build various Machine Learning-based tools or processes such as recommendation engines, channel and consumer profiling and segmentation, SKU optimization as well as services utilization and loyalty approaches.
- Develop data analysis solutions based on descriptive analyses and predictive models and provide access to data through dashboards and other analytical tools to empower the marketing team and cross-functional partners through self-service.
- Act as a trusted partner in the team tackling the toughest and most impactful analytical problems while making the data accessible to your teammates and cross-functional colleagues.
- Collaborate with marketing, service, and product teams to ensure that requirements for integration, security, data quality and cross functional usage are addressed
- Manage projects with cross-divisional impact, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget and quality targets. Project teams will typically include staff from other departments and, often, other divisions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, etc.)
- MBA an asset
- 5+ years of hands on experience in developing Big Data applications using Spark / Scala and building predictive models using Spark Machine Learning APIs
- Passion for, and track record of leveraging data for business impact in a multi-channel sales and marketing environment
- Ability to write complex and performant queries in your dialect of SQL
- Experience building tools and automated processes to extract, clean, and distill data in a procedural languages such as Python and R, potentially Julia
- Machine learning expertise: GLM Regression (linear, logit, multinomial), kMeans/Hierarchical Clustering, Principle Component Analysis, & Decision Tree required; Neural Network, Panel Regression, Bayesian Regression, Times Series
- Effective data visualization skills with analytical tools, experience with tools/languages Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.
- Data modeling, ETL and data pipeline development experience.
- Proven capability to build strong partnerships and work with business partners to effectively negotiate priorities and scope of work.
- Ability to gather information and create both business and technical requirement documentation, as well as, drive the requirements process with both technical and business partners.
Manager Data Scientist