Short DescriptionEdge Networks is hiring for DevOps Engineer who will build and deploy our application from code to production and everything in between. Also handle incident responses, troubleshooting and fixes for various products/services.
- Build and Deploy our Application from code to production and everything in between.
- Primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services.
- Understanding the latency problems in different scenarios between different devices, or improving speed/response time of applications.
- Co-ordinate with external datacentres in the event of provisioning, outages or maintenance.
- Acquainted with Rails / Python and deployment tools like Capistrano.
- Assist in the rollout and deployment of new product features and installations, to facilitate rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Write programs/scripts to automate AWS, Ansible and Django based tasks.
- Be aware of current CVEs, potential attack vectors, and vulnerabilities, and apply patches as soon as possible.
- Handle incident responses, troubleshooting and fixes for various products/services.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with scale, operability, and performance in mind.
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux Systems.
- Production Experience in AWS/GCP/Azure/Openstack/Cliud/Docker/Saltstack/Ansible/Chef/Puppet.
- Basic DNS & Networking, TCP/UDP, IP Routing.
- Good understanding of OpenSSL, HTTP, Nginx, Ansible, Nagios,Chef,Puppet
- Bring great systems know-how to the team.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency to resolve issues.
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platforms (App Engine, Container, Cloud function and Big Query)
- Applications: Database Systems Fundamentals (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Cassandra), Apache.
- Tools/Utilities: Nagios, DHCP, Yum, RPM, Git
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Experience with distributed data/stream processing systems (Kafa, Storm, Spark, Hadoop etc)
- Experience with commonly used cache/queue/search tools (Redis, Memcache, Couchbase, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, ActiveMQ Lucene, ElasticSearch, Solr).