Short DescriptionPayPal is hiring for Data Scientist who will be responsible to manage and deploy a global platform that provides loss monitoring and an automated ability to deploy rules to combat new fraud attacks.
- Use advanced statistical/data mining/machine learning techniques to build analytical solutions.
- Manage and deploy a global platform that provides loss monitoring and an automated ability to deploy rules to combat new fraud attacks.
- Collaborate with x-functional teams to develop tools and processes to enhance efficiency of risk monitoring and quick response of loss mitigation.
- Demonstrate good general business knowledge and business acumen especially on payment industry. Thinks and communicates well in business terms.
- Develop tools and processes to improve the overall efficiency of risk management solution.
- Master degree above with 1+ years of risk management, analytics, modeling, etc. in financial services, payment services, or merchant account acquiring companies or related experience, or equivalent.
- Strong in analytics, with the strategic thinking capability to solve the business problem from end to end.
- Experience and knowledge of the latest data-mining/machine learning technologies, algorithms and tools.
- Proficiency in coding languages like SQL, SAS, Python etc. and fluent in Linux/Unix.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Results driven team player with proven execution skills.
- Big plus for being familiar with Big Data, Hadoop.