Short DescriptionSymantec is hiring for Principal Software Engineer who has depth understanding of either Windows or Mac OS. Also expert knowledge of programming in C++ with exposure to STL, Boost, Multithreading etc.
- Strong understanding of good design principles.
- Comfortable with an agile, flexible approach to feature development.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills - C++, Java (server side).
- In-depth understanding of either Windows or Mac OS.
- Expert knowledge of programming in C++ with exposure to STL, Boost, Multithreading etc.
- Expert knowledge of advanced debugging using WinDBG, performance analysis, memory leak analysis etc.
- Unit testing or component testing.
- Good understanding of network programming and common protocols.
- Knowledge of kernel mode development with respect to File System or Network drivers
- Experience with distributed programming.
- Excellent communication skills in working with technical experts across USA and India and working with a team of differing level of experience.
- Comfortable working with customers as well as collaborating across multiple teams.
- B.E. in Computer Science or related discipline.
Principal Software Engineer