Short DescriptionMicrosoft is looking for a DCS Software Engineer who has a deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, programming patterns, and solving complex problems.
- Customer Focus: Understand how engineering decisions result in added customer value.
- Drive For Results: Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
- Data-Driven: Leverages data to understand customer experience and inform future investments.
- Technical Excellence: Core to being a software engineer is, of course, technical excellence. This is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, a curiosity to "go deep" and an ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, to be able to extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem-solving.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering IT technical discipline or equivalent engineering/software/services experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer or software developer.
- Experience coding and debugging in languages such as C#, C++, Java, or similar modern development languages.
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, programming patterns, and solving complex problems.
- Demonstrated history of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated history of good decision-making, conflict resolution, and follow through.
- Strong written & oral communication skills.
- Highly Desirable: Knowledge of frameworks such as Angular.js, React, Ruby on Rails.
- Highly Desirable: Experience with big data solutions, technologies, and analysis tools such as Azure Data lake, Azure Data factory, Hadoop, R-server, Python, etc.
DCS Software Engineer