Short DescriptionThe Boeing Research & Technology Centre in Bangalore, India is looking for a top-notch, highly motivated Research Leader in the area of communication networks, and distributed computing, Machine Learning and Cyber Security, who can focus these skills in areas such as wireless networks design and IOT architectures.
- The researcher will work closely with Boeings Data Science, Cyber Security and Network Technology specialists throughout the globe to research, develop, prototype and operationalize technologies across application areas ranging from airplane systems, communication systems, mobile devices, etc. In addition, the Research Leader will participate in developing future vision and direction of Boeing's Research and Technology development in this field
- This position is located in Bangalore at the Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, and reports to the Senior Manager, Systems, Support and Analytics in the Research team.
- The selected individual will provide technical leadership and lead the development of original research and new concepts for IoT, distributed computing, communication networks, and related software/hardware architectures, as well as monitor/, evaluate current state-of-the-art techniques, relevant across aerospace and manufacturing. He/she will provide technical leadership in this area, e.g., attend/publish at conferences, develop patents, participate in R&D proposal activities and serve as an internal consultant.
- The position requires leading multiple projects and guiding small teams of researchers and software engineers in performing research and developing prototypes, as well as charting a course to a product that can be implemented in Boeing airplanes and factories. It also requires making individual contribution and knowledge of simulation, emulation, as well as programming languages such as C/C++/Python, is required.
- The selected individual will document the results of research and development projects, and provide inputs for periodic updates to Boeing executive management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents.
- The selected individual will develop and maintain relationships/partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- This position will require occasional travel within India and internationally. Other duties and responsibilities are assigned by management.Ã?
- Knowledge and deep understanding of IOT and cyber-physical systems; knowledge of communication protocols, distributed computing, machine learning, and cybersecurity.
- Knowledge and deep understanding of network architectures.
- Proficiency in software programming (C, C++, Java, etc.) and knowledge of embedded systems, simulation, and emulation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform research in areas related to IOT.
- Be a technical leader who can manage projects, lead and task researchers, evaluate research and technology and chart the course for a high-end research ream
- Be a self-starter who is not afraid to proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- Be able to demonstrate highly innovative and creative problem-solving skills. Have the ability to deftly identify alternative approaches to overcome roadblocks and marshal the vast resources at Boeing to attain high levels of success.
- Teamwork is important in this position. Must be able to think proactively and work collaboratively with very strong teaming skills. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and familiar with MS Office tools.