Short DescriptionGartner is hiring for Director Of Technology who will manage an Agile Development process in a continuous integration and deployment methodology and also partners with all Product Leaders to develop new product features and upgrade existing products and processes, helps define product and project deliverables, budgets, schedules, and testing, launch and release plans.
- Manages a team of front-end, server-side and full-stack developers, quality assurance, including hiring, performance management, and career development.
- Manages a formal software development lifecycle process that provides consistent and repeatable delivery of software enhancements and new-to-world capabilities.
- Manages an Agile (Scrum) Development process in a continuous integration and deployment methodology.
- Partners with all Product Leaders to develop new product features and upgrade existing products and processes; helps define product and project deliverables, budgets, schedules, and testing, launch and release plans.
- Use a mix of Open Source and Commercial software to keep operating costs in line with industry standards.
- Master/Bachelor of Science/Technology in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Overall 15+ years of experience in web and software development and at least 6-8 years of people management experience.
- Proven experience in building teams from scratch and growing individuals into leaders.
- Excellent people management skills, including coaching and staff development.
- Excellent knowledge of distributed architecture using Java/.NET/other-OO, REST and Web development technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Apache open source product stack such as Sling, Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience designing and developing large scale, high traffic applications.
- Experience with Continous Integration and Deployment.
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure preferably AWS.
- Excellent understanding of Agile Principles and experience managing development via multiple development teams in an Agile environment.
- Hands-on experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with internal clients, vendors, and technology partners.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience in working with open source software and developing on open source platforms.
- Passionate about technology, self-learner who keeps abreast with the latest developments.
- Consistent high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- An effective leader who is assertive yet considerate, passionate yet logical, persuasive, and inspiring. Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
Director , Technology