Short DescriptionPayPal is looking for Data Scientist who will design, develop and maintain data-driven solutions for PayPal consumer risk management. Makes sound decisions that balance risk, user experience, and financial performance.
- Design, develop and maintain data-driven solutions for PayPal consumer risk management. Makes sound decisions that balance risk, user experience and financial performance.
- Identify and address problems and issues during the normal course of work and respond to risk mitigation needs quickly to solve issues with minimum guidance.
- Develop and automate tracking functionality that monitors volume and solution efficacy. Regularly evaluate and communicate performance of analytical solutions to management.
- Participate in the formulations and implementation of departmental processes, procedures, policies, and standards.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results on matters of significance to the business.
- Look for improvement and innovation opportunities with business impact. Provide a source of high-quality ideas.
- Strong in analytics and problem-solving. Experienced with predictive modeling, data mining, and analytical tool. Proficient with SQL, SAS, and etc.
- Proven experience in employing analytics solution on real-world problems.
- Good business sense and logical thinking. Ability to synthesize information and generalize the pattern.
- Proven ability to work independently and proficiently on well-defined projects; Focuses primarily on how to achieve overall business objectives of a project with speed and quality
- Effective interpersonal skills. Manager relationship with key partners. Able to collaborate with remote teams effectively.
- Skilled in Presenting- can effectively communicate in large or small group settings.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or engineering field with 4+ year professional work experience in a relevant field. Or Master's degree with 2+ year professional experience.
- Industry experience in payments, e-commerce, or financial services is a strong plus.
- Fluent in English.