Short DescriptionUber is seeking for Data Scientist Internship who will develop creative solutions to product problems using behavioral science.
- Work with your mentor closely to scope a project, define the problem, and develop and test the solution.
- Develop creative solutions to product problems using behavioral science.
- Work alongside other data scientists and product managers to understand the business use cases and production feasibility of your work, and collaborate on the experimentation of your work.
- Communicate with senior management and cross-functional teams.
- Ph.D. student (anticipated graduation in 2019 or 2020) majoring in Psychology, Marketing, or another quantitative behavioral science discipline.
- Expertise in designing and analyzing experiments, from randomized experiments to quasi-experiments.
- Deep knowledge of behavioral science theories and concepts applicable to business and product topics.
- Expertise in statistics including power analysis and parametric and non-parametric inference tests.
- Coding proficiency and the ability to conduct statistical analysis in Python or R.
- Interest in learning SQL and/or Hive.
- Ability to work with cross-functional partners, including product management, engineering, data science, and marketing.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Data Scientist Internship