Short DescriptionExpedia is hiring for Data Scientist who will determine best methodologies to segment users for marketing acquisition and retention use cases.
- Partner with analysts, data scientists, operators, and ad partners to advance Expedia's competency around incremental returns on marketing spend.
- Determine best methodologies to segment users for marketing acquisition and retention use cases.
- Make recommendations on data tracking and pipelines so that we continue improving testing infrastructure over time.
- Help solve hard problems within a content generation (using NLP) and customer lifetime value (CLV) predictions across a variety of business problems.
- You have a Ph.D. in Statistics, Computer Science, Operation Research, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with 2+ years work experience, or equivalent combination of education, background, and work experience.
- You have a passion for solving hard problems in novel ways.
- You have strong experience in programming (Python, R, etc.) and data preparation (SQL).
- You have the ability to apply a wide variety of technical methods and models to effectively solve business problems.
- You have direct experience in e-commerce / B2C is preferred, but other experience will be considered.
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.