Is Data Science Dead? Long Live Business Science
248 days ago
World's Most Popular 5 Hardest Programming Language
Which Is Best Choice For Masters Degree Between Data Science & Business Analytics?
- Love for numbers and quantitative stuff
- Grit to keep on learning
- Love for coding and programming
- Structured thinking approach
- Passion for solving problems
- Good knowledge of statistical concepts
- Learn as much as possible. Spend 4 to 5 hours every week on the learning and development and knowing the latest in the industry
- Challenge status quo. Never assume that whatever is being done is following the most effective approach
- Believe that you are equal to everybody else in the hierarchy. Don't be afraid to speak your mind
- Focus on Innovation and coming out with the earth-shattering ideas rather than doing the business as usual.
- Focus on developing great communication skills and soft skill as this is one of the biggest gaps I have seen in the analytics professionals
- Don't become a one trick pony. try to get exposure in different industries and different functional areas.
- Participate in competitions and events such as Kaggle, to know where you stand vis a vis your peer group.
- Try to write white papers and blogs on your subject matter expertise.
- Develop domain expertise as without that analytics is not effective.
- Finally, always maintain a clear visibility of your strength and opportunities and any blind spots. Actively seek feedback from your peer group and your superiors.